Sunday, February 22, 2009
I think that legal is a most popular issue to talk about over the internet. Currently more and more illegal material such as mp3, rmvb movie, games and other stuffs. Many industries such as entertainment industry they have spend so much money to get rid of the illegal material in over the internet. For example , currently company like SONY had just come out new playstation portable “PSP” version 3000 where it cannot play illegal games. This is because the previous version “PSP 2000” can play illegal game crack by the hacker. This make the company have spend a lot of money in the research and technician side.
I hope that for Malaysian government will do something about the legal or illegal thing. Or maybe can come out a law to protect our industry.
I have review a local e-commerce cite www.lelong.com.my. It was a malaysia very own e-commerce site. When I click in the site on the first time, I realize that many advertisment and link on the webpage, I wondering how many income generate from those link and advertisment.(= =)
Other than that, I saw many auction items on the web page and sort by category. Sort by buying, selling, superbid, pay, safetrade and other. After this, I try to register as a member of this site. It is free for register as a registered member, you need to give your email address and password and your full name for the first step, the second step need some further information like handphone number , home address and identity card number. To complete the registration, you have to verify your email address and handphone number. For furhter member registration you have to verify your identity card but I did not do so because for further membership have to paid subscription fee.
However, verify member can use a feature payment system of lelong called safetrade,this may be one of the method the site use to build consumer trust. I have check the system about how it's work. Is something like this, when a buyer and a seller agree the term of trade, the buyer give money to lelong account, and lelong admin will inform seller to ship good . After ship good, payment will give to the seller. Lelong act as an intermediate person, for sure this will increase the security of the site.
Other than that, I also check about the charges on posting, there are several types of posting, normal posting is free while rest of it is charge for certain portion. I think this local e-commerce site have a quite sucessful site in Malaysia. I am glad that our country have such a great e-commerce site.
For more information you can log on to www.lelong.com.my
Saturday, February 21, 2009
The blog give the corporate can direct communicate with the consumer wherever there are.
Corporate blog can be:
· Tool that helps the organization fulfill a business goal – the organization can show whatever product to attract more consumer.
· Customization: to customize your blog it’s as easy as uploading a template in some cases. The blogger allows you to change almost the whole template with the exception of keeping the same look. If you know HTML, there is a lot you can do with the customization process. Some more can show the type of product.
· Feed Reader: By having a RSS feed, a lot more people can access your website. They can set-up your website in their FeedDemon account, which people will receive automatic updates on your blog. They can even comment on your posts!
Risks for Corporate Blogs:
· Legal Liabilities. Aside from lawsuits, there is the law itself. Corporations must make sure a blog complies with all applicable local, national and foreign requirements for doing business. Its author must also consider things like consumer protection laws, truth in advertising provisions, and intellectual property laws (such as plagiarism).
· Negative Comments. Companies are often very sensitive to criticism, especially if it appears in a format that is sanctioned by them. Negative comments can be offset somewhat with a consistent and clear comment.
AS a conclusion, I think that having a corporate blogging can bring the organization more benefit in future.
Friday, February 20, 2009
- Try to understand as much as possible about how an online auction works, what are the
buyer's obligations and what are seller's obligations before placing a bid.
- Become familiar with the auction website by looking into the websites protection policies.
You should never assume that you are protected from any auction fraud.
- Beside familiar with the website, you should also learn as much as you can about the seller.
Checking the seller's feedback at the auction site could be a good way. Avoid doing business
with the sellers if you cannot find out anything about them.
- Do not use an escrow service that you have never heard of if you cannot confirm the
legitimacy. If the seller wants you to use an escrow service that you have never heard of,
look into it. Check out the website or call up customer support.
- Use an online escrow service that will hold the payment until you can inspect the
merchandise. Auction sites such as Yahoo, eBay maintain lists of these services.
- Do not give out your personal data such as identity number, drivers license number, credit
card number, or bank account information until you have thoroughly checked out the seller
and the escrow service.
- Always use a credit card for payment. Credit card payment protects the buyer because you
can dispute the charges of the goods are misrepresented or never delivered. If you suspect
fraud, cancel the card immediately.
- Keep a habit to save 100% of the transaction information.
Related Articles: How to prevent e-auction fraud and how to avoid online auction fraud
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Malaysians can now enjoy a secure and convenient way to conduct mobile commerce using a GSM cellular phone. Electronic money, the country's first mobile payment service via multi-channel access for Internet. In Malaysia, mobile payment is recently services developing fast. This service is effective providing customers with admission or money off vouchers which can be unique coded or designed to allow viral spread. The mobile channel can be effectively used as a self-funding and revenue generating medium. This service covers all mobile operators on Malaysia; it’s for prepaid and postpaid service billings. mobile payments available in Malaysia are mobileExec and Mobile Money. Besides MobileExec and Mobile Money, many other companies are also coming up with this concept to cater for their customer’s convenience. For example, Maxis; U mobile, Digi and CELCOM.
Potential of Mobile Payment System
· The wide use of mobile phone made mobile payment much easier to be adopted.
· Consumers are more comfortable with low-value transaction over such non-traditional.
Consumer adoption stractegic.
In Malaysia, most of company will:
Reward the consumers by giving gift at certain level of purchasing or giving redemption of reward.
Certain service or good purchase will accumulated the points to redeem other extra bonus.
Provide information and education for consumers about the mobile payment system, help them build confident among consumers by enhancing its system security.
Collaborate with more banks and companies to widen the ability to pay via mobile.
Electronic currency also allows its holder to buy the goods and services that the vastness of the internet offers. An e-currency system may be fully backed by gold (like e-gold and c-gold), non-gold backed, or both gold and non-gold baked (like e-Bullion and Liberty Reserve).
The main focuses of electronic currency is to development that are being able to use it through a wider range of hardware such as secured credit cards and linked bank accounts that would generally be used over an internet means, for exchange with a secure micropayment system such as in large corporations for example like paypal, it is the most successful e-currency website that give 100% trust to consumer shop in internet.
This electronic currency can bring many negative issue such as doing the money laundering where the illegal money transform into legal money. Next it also there are also a potential macroeconomic effect such as exchange rate in a not stable ways and shortage of money supplies.
Saturday, February 14, 2009
A prepaid card is appealing to those who has a poor credit rating or a history of bad debt who cannot get a credit card. People, who although earning but cannot obtain credit due to having no credit footprint, also can apply a prepaid card. Parents can use it to The uses of a prepaid card includes:
- Buying groceries and petrol
- Internet shopping including eBay
- Withdraw cash from an ATM
- Paying bills
- Topping up your mobile phone
- Transferring money to friends and family either in the UK or overseas
- As a replacement for travellers cheques ot travel cash
Visa prepaid cards such as Visa Gift Card, Visa Buxx, Visa Reloadable Prepaid Card provide easy, convenient and secure ways for users to pay anytime at anywhere. It helps to manage your finance as you can spend only what you load on the card. It is also very convenient for travellers and no need to carry large amount of cash with them because they can use the Visa prepaid card at any of the merchants that accept Visa worldwide Visa Buxx is a useful tool for parent to monitor their teen's spending. It offers teens spending independence and to learn to take financial responsibility.
Touch 'n Go(TnG) smart card is used by Malaysian for electronic payment system at all highways in Malaysia, major public transports in Klang Valley, selected parking sites and theme park. It is expanding its business to retail purchase by starting with fast food industry that enables consumers to buy dough nut, burger or fast-food from 21 outlets such as Burger King, 7-Eleven, Dunkin’ Donut.